Access Statement For 2 Heathland Cottages, Swanage Road, Studland, Dorset BH19 3AE
Reviewed in 2022
Our self-catering cottage was built in 2002. It is semi detached with access to front and rear. If you have any queries please do call and we look forward to welcoming you.
The cottage comprises on the ground floor a lounge and open plan dining/kitchen area, downstairs toilet and on the first floor a 3 bedrooms and a bathroom.
•We are listed on www.dhcottages.co.uk under Heathlands.
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via email, fax, and telephone.
- The nearest bus stop is in front of the cottage.
- The nearest train station is Wareham and is 9 miles away.
- There are accessible taxis or a number of buses available.
- Wheelchairs and other aides and equipment, can be hired by arrangement.
- Tesco and other stores around to arrange for shopping to be delivered.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Luggage can be unloaded at the front or primarily to the rear as there are parking restrictions to the front.
- There is off street parking to the rear for 2 cars and this is accessed by a private road to the rear of the property.
- It is possible to park outside the front of the property subject to seasonal parking restrictions.
- There is a garage, which is not for use by visitors.
•The front entrance door is approached from a level footpath with a small timber wicket gate at the abutment with the pavement. There is a single inward opening entrance door with a small threshold.
- The rear entrance door is approached via a short flight of stairs with handrail and a further stepped pathway to the rear door. This is in total about 15 metres from the parking area.
- There is single access entrance door though the kitchen or alternatively the dining room pair of doors can be opened. Each of these entrances has a single step height threshold.
Open Plan Dining / Kitchen
•Rectangular table seats 8 (moveable side to side)
- Chairs (all moveable) – 8 chairs with which have no arms. •Flooring is timber.
•Standard work height units.
- Oven door is drop down.
- Flooring is timber
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
- Fridge/freezer is located in the kitchen.
- There is a standard size washing machine, which is front loading.
- Furniture is moveable and there are plenty of non-feather cushions provided. There is a three and two seater settee.
- Free view TV with DVD is provided with remote control.
- Flooring is carpet.
- Non Feather duvets and pillows provided in each room.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases are available to hire.
- Accessed via a flight of carpeted stairs with a 90 degree turn at the bottom and top.
- Main double room:
- Kingsize bed 1600mm wide with space each side.
- Carpet flooring.
- Twin room:
- Two single beds 900mm wide.
- Carpet flooring.
- Single bunk bed 900mm wide. Upper bunk accessed by vertical ladder on the side the bed. This is a small room.
- Carpet flooring.
Bathroom / WC
- Room comprises toilet and wash hand basin.
- Rectangular bath with shower mixer tap. Step access required over bath edge.
- There are no support handrails.
- Vinyl tiled flooring.
- Good colour contrast between floor and walls.
- Rear gardens on a slightly sloping lawn and front level lawn.
- A local village convenience store is located a short walk away on the opposite side of Swanage Road.
• An information folder is produced by the lettings company
- Fair mobile phone reception, but WIFi is available to be calling on the Internet
•Dorset Cottage Holidays
•Telephone: 01929 481547
•Fax: 01929 552714
- Website: www.dhcottages.co.uk
•Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm; Saturday 9.00am – 3.00pm