Corona Virus - Advice For Guests
Updated 9th July 2020
Guests who are due to arrive after the 3rd July 2020.
The Government has announced that we can open for lettings! Your balance is now due 8 weeks prior to your holiday. Those that are due to holiday with us in July should pay their balance immediately.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Following the release of Government cleaning guidelines, and to ensure that houses are cleaned to the very highest standards we have to change our check in and check out times to: Strict 10 AM departure and 6 PM check in. We are very sorry that this may cause inconvenience, especially to those with small children, however we really do need the extra time to comply.
We have trained our housekeepers to go above and beyond the mandatory Government Guidelines. We have provided them with PPE and given them extra time to disinfect your holiday home, your cleaner will clean your holiday property as normal and then disinfect all touch surfaces. Most of our owners have opted to use a dry fogging machine to fully disinfect, this is the highest level of safety and the disinfectant used is food safe.
We would suggest that you disinfect (with a disinfect that kills virus such as flu) when you arrive and when you depart. Please do not use bleach in our holiday homes.
The owner will endeavour to provide a hand sanitiser for use during your stay, dependent on supply.
Owners have been asked to remove books, DVD’s and magazines and have been advised to remove anything that can’t easily be disinfected, so you might not find your holiday home quite as you are used too, Please bring a good book with you.
Attractions and Food
Please follow the link for details of local eateries that are providing a delivery service www.visit-dorset.com/food-and-drink/takeaways . You should be aware that many attractions (including National Trust) are only open to those that pre – book, so we suggest that you do that immediately as they are sure to be popular.
Due to Covid 19 Regulations you will now have to:
1) Put all linen, mattress protectors, pillow protectors, towels, tea towels and oven gloves in the bags provided and tie up, ready for your housekeepers to collect. This is mandatory – sorry!
2) You MUST have departed by 10 am without exception.
3) We will no longer be offering travel cot, high chair or towel hire service (for those who have paid an extra fee to hire not where it is included in the price), please contact us for a refund. In the cottage comes with a travel cot or high chair, these are still available. Please ensure you disinfect travel cot and high chairs after use.
4) You must wash all crockery and cutlery in the dishwasher and empty prior to departure.
5) For multi week booking we will no longer be providing an additional set of linen and you should use the washing facilities on site.
6) By law you must inform us if you are ill during your stay and arrange to take a Covid 19 test within 48 hours. If you are asked to self isolate you should return home (except if you must use public transport) or cover the cost to rent the cottage for a 14 day period. 07704 524647.
7) Please use the dishwasher to clean all crockery and cutlery at 60 degrees.
8) Please do not use bleach in our holiday homes.
9) All your waste must be removed from the bins (including bathroom), placed in a plastic bag, sealed and placed in the outside receptacle.
10) Take additional medicines in case you are asked to self isolate, we await guidance as to whether this should be in the cottage.
11) If you have had Corona Virus 14 days prior to your holiday, you must not visit us.
12) You must remove all food products from the kitchen cupboards.
13) Please air your holiday home, the morning of your departure.
We encourage guests to carry out hand washing as per NHS guidelines, to remove face coverings if directed by a police officer and to use a face covering whilst using public transport.
Guests who’s holiday starts before 3rd July 2020.
We are truly sorry that this terrible virus has impacted on our guest’s holiday plans. Dorset is very quiet without you but we are sure to be able to welcome you back soon. Our phone lines are now closed to allow us to respond to guests booking enquiries in a more timely fashion.
The UK Government has just announced that all holidays that were due to start before the 1st July will not take place.
Your holiday cottage owner has asked if you could firstly check the terms of your cancellation insurance, we will ask you to do this in the first instance.
Please use this form to start the process needed to deal with you holiday.
Best Wishes from the DCH Team.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why Can’t I Swap My Booking To Another Cottage?
Your contract and funds are with the owner of the cottage you booked. They are individually owned and therefore you can’t swap to a different cottage.
Why Can’t I Book Any Date In 2021?
To be fair to all guests, we have yo give first refusal on the equivalent week in 2021 to the guests who booked that week in 2020. Speak to us to check what other weeks might be available.
Why Are You Increasing Prices By 2% For 2021?
This is our normal year on year price increase.
Why Is Dorset Cottage Holidays Not Just Refunding Us?
The booking contract is between the guest and the holiday cottage owner, (please see terms). Dorset Cottage Holidays only act as Agent on behalf of the owner, charging them a commission to secure your booking. They have to make any legal decision that relates to the booking.
Why Is It Taking 7 days to Administer My Cancellation?
We are operating a skeleton crew and dealing with hundreds of emails and phone calls a day. Please bear with us as we do our best to come back to you.
What’s The Legal Position If I Can Not Go On Holiday?
If you have paid in full and your booking falls within a lock down period, your contract with the owner is in a ‘frustrated’ state (where neither party can complete the contract) and therefore you are entitled to a refund minus any costs the owner had accrued. UK holidays do not fall under the same legislation as holidays abroad and are not in this instance governed by the package holiday regulations.