Corona Virus - Advice For Guests
Updated 30th March 2021
Who Can Book?
All guests must update us with guests who will be staying, this should be done through your online login area.
From 12th April – 17th May 2021 – One household / support bubble bookings
From 17th May – 21st June 2021 – Two household bookings
From 21st June – Unrestricted.
Cancellation Terms can be found here
2021 Bookings in Lockdown
We will deal with cancellations in date order:
Bookings in March 2021. Sadly your booking can not go ahead. We will contact you over the next two days to process your refund.
Bookings in April 2021. We can not accept bookings that start before the 12th April (and then only one household/bubble bookings). We will contact you on the 24th February to process your refund. Please note that due to the volume of guests booked in March we will not be able to assist you before this date.
Bookings that roll through April 12th already booked. We will contact you on the 24th February to discuss your options. If you wish to cancel completely please do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can honour part week bookings for this week when agreed with the owner, we will contact you to advise on the 24th February.
Bookings 12th April – 17th May More Than One Household. We will contact you after the 1st March to discuss your options.
Future 2021 Booking – Balance Due
Your balance will now become due 4 weeks prior to your holiday instead of 8 weeks, if lockdown looks likely to cross your holiday dates, you will not have to pay your balance. Please get in touch with us to discuss.
We have trained our housekeepers to go above and beyond the mandatory Government Guidelines.. We have provided them with PPE and given them extra time to disinfect your holiday home, your cleaner will clean your holiday property as normal and then disinfect all touch surfaces. Most of our owners have opted to use a dry fogging machine to fully disinfect, this is the highest level of safety and the disinfectant used is food safe.
We would suggest that you disinfect (with a disinfect that kills virus such as flu) when you arrive and when you depart. Please do not use bleach in our holiday homes.
The owner will endeavour to provide a hand sanitiser for use during your stay, dependent on supply.
Owners have been asked to remove books, DVD’s and magazines and have been advised to remove anything that can’t easily be disinfected, so you might not find your holiday home quite as you are used too, Please bring a good book with you.
Please ensure that you do not leave any food items in the cottage, that all washing up is put away and that linen is bagged up to protect our housekeepers.
Our Covid cleaning procedures will be reviewed on the 17th May and 21st June and will follow Government advice.
Attractions and Food
Please follow the link for details of local eateries that are providing a delivery service www.visit-dorset.com/food-and-drink/takeaways . You should be aware that many attractions (including National Trust) are only open to those that pre – book, so we suggest that you do that immediately as they are sure to be popular.
Due to Covid 19 Regulations you will now have to:
1) Put all linen, mattress protectors, pillow protectors, towels, tea towels and oven gloves in the bags provided and tie up, ready for your housekeepers to collect. This is mandatory – sorry!
2) You MUST have departed by 10 am without exception.
3) We will no longer be offering travel cot, high chair or towel hire service (for those who have paid an extra fee to hire not where it is included in the price), please contact us for a refund. In the cottage comes with a travel cot or high chair, these are still available. Please ensure you disinfect travel cot and high chairs after use.
4) You must wash all crockery and cutlery in the dishwasher (where provided) and empty prior to departure.
5) For multi week booking we will no longer be providing an additional set of linen and you should use the washing facilities on site.
6) By law you must inform us if you are ill during your stay and arrange to take a Covid 19 test within 48 hours. If you are asked to self isolate you should return home (except if you must use public transport) or cover the cost to rent the cottage for a 14 day period. 07704 524647.
7) Please use the dishwasher, where provided, to clean all crockery and cutlery at 60 degrees.
8) Please do not use bleach in our holiday homes.
9) All your waste must be removed from the bins (including bathroom), placed in a plastic bag, sealed and placed in the outside receptacle.
10) Take additional medicines in case you are asked to self isolate, we await guidance as to whether this should be in the cottage.
11) If you have had Corona Virus 14 days prior to your holiday, you must not visit us.
12) You must remove all food products from the kitchen cupboards.
13) Please air your holiday home, the morning of your departure.
14) Please ensure that PPE is only placed in the general waste bins as per council instructions.
We encourage guests to carry out hand washing as per NHS guidelines, to remove face coverings if directed by a police officer and to use a face covering whilst using public transport.
December 2020 Tiered System
Dorset has been placed in a Tier 2, which means we can only accept bookings for those within one household or household bubble. This will be reviewed on the 16th December. Any guests booked in December will be contacted in due course.
If the Government announces a national lockdown on Monday, we will make contact with you by telephone to make cancellation arrangements, this may take several days.
Any refunds due, will be paid within 14 days of your original arrival date as per terms.
We anticipate a large number of phone calls and emails early next week, please do not email us more than once, we will come back to you as soon as possible.
Our terms offer a full refund (exc booking fee) as long as you cancel within 2 days (ie by midnight) before your holiday starts. Please do get in touch if you think you might be affected by a local lockdown.
Rule of Six
Following the recent Government legislation. You can no longer go on holiday unless your party is:
- 6 or less residents from up to 6 households
- One large family, no restriction on number
- Two families that form a support bubble
If you are already booked with us please call to discuss your circumstances.
As this legislation may be eased, we will prioritising those affected by this announcement whose holiday starts before the 11th October 2020.
If you are booking for 2021 and have over 6 in your party and this legislation remains in place, your booking will not be covered by our insurance, please check terms and conditions.
Guests who are due to arrive after the 3rd July 2020 – December 2020
The Government has announced that we can open for lettings! Your balance is now due 8 weeks prior to your holiday. Those that are due to holiday with us in July should pay their balance immediately.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Following the release of Government cleaning guidelines, and to ensure that houses are cleaned to the very highest standards we have to change our check in and check out times to: Strict 10 AM departure and 6 PM check in. We are very sorry that this may cause inconvenience, especially to those with small children, however we really do need the extra time to comply.
Guests who’s holiday starts before 3rd July 2020.
We are truly sorry that this terrible virus has impacted on our guest’s holiday plans. Dorset is very quiet without you but we are sure to be able to welcome you back soon. Our phone lines are now closed to allow us to respond to guests booking enquiries in a more timely fashion.
The UK Government has just announced that all holidays that were due to start before the 1st July will not take place.
Your holiday cottage owner has asked if you could firstly check the terms of your cancellation insurance, we will ask you to do this in the first instance.
Please use this form to start the process needed to deal with you holiday.
Best Wishes from the DCH Team.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why Can’t I Swap My Booking To Another Cottage?
Your contract and funds are with the owner of the cottage you booked. They are individually owned and therefore you can’t swap to a different cottage.
Why Can’t I Book Any Date In 2021?
To be fair to all guests, we have yo give first refusal on the equivalent week in 2021 to the guests who booked that week in 2020. Speak to us to check what other weeks might be available.
Why Are You Increasing Prices By 2% For 2021?
This is our normal year on year price increase.
Why Is It Taking 7 days to Administer My Cancellation?
We are operating a skeleton crew and dealing with hundreds of emails and phone calls a day. Please bear with us as we do our best to come back to you.