The Grain Store Access Statement
At The Grain Store we want to make everyone’s stay as enjoyable as possible. We aim to accurately describe our facilities and services to give you the confidence to book this property subject to your individual needs.
At a Glance
Level Access • The entrance has level access. • There is level access from the front entrance to: – Living Room – Dining Area – Kitchen – WC & Utility
Access with Steps
- The staircase to the first floor bedrooms has 13 steps. • The stairs are 787mm wide.
Level Access Bedrooms
- All bedrooms are on the first floor. • The staircase has 13 steps that are 787mm wide. • The landing on the first floor is 920mm wide at its narrowest.
- The TVs have subtitles.
- The walls and the doors have colour contrast. • We have information in large print if required.
- The property is Non Smoking • Heating controls are a maximum of 1220mm high.
The Grain Store Wears Farm Ashley Chase Abbotsbury Dorset DT3 4J2
Travel by Public Transport
- You cannot get to The Grain Store directly by bus or train • The nearest bus stop is at the Ilchester Arms (2.6 miles). Bus routes C1 and X53. • The nearest train station is Weymouth. The train station is 10 miles from The Gain Store. • You can get a taxi with Bob’s Cars by calling 01305 269500. The taxi company has a wheelchair accessible vehicle
- There is shared parking in front of the three Wears Farm Cottages. There are accessible parking spaces. • There is level access from the car park to the front entrance. • The route is 1800mm wide, or more.
Path to Main Entrance
- From the highway to the main entrance there is level access. • The path is 1800mm wide, or more.
- The front entrance has level access. • The main door is side hung and manual. • The door is 812mm wide.
Getting Around Inside
Visual Impairment – General Information We have colour contrast between walls and doorframes
- All bedrooms have windows. • Bedrooms have recessed ceiling lights or spot lights, bedside lamps and natural daylight. • TVs have subtitles.
First Floor Master Bedroom
- The bedroom door is 686mm wide. There is 640mm at one side of the king size bed and 510mm the other side. The bed is 510mm high and there is 1600mm at the end of the bed. • There is a cupboard and a chest of draws. The hanging rail is 1500mm high. • The bathroom is ensuite. The bathroom door is 695mm wide. • The bathroom has a corner shower unit with a step 150mm high and a fixed sunflower shower head. • The toilet has180mm and 160mm at either side. There is 1100mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 410mm high. • The basin is 840mm high, 450mm deep and 580mm wide. • The walls and the bathroom fittings have colour contrast.
First Floor Twin Bedroom
- The bedroom door is 686mm wide. The bed nearest the door has 630mm between the bed and the wall. There is 210mm between each bed. The second bed has 580mm between the bed and the window. • There is a cupboard and a chest of draws. The hanging rail is 1630mm high.
First Floor King Bedroom
- The bedroom door is 700mm wide. There is 430mm between the bed and the wall and 880mm between the bed and the cupboard. The bed is 480mm high. • There is a cupboard and chest of draws. The hanging rail is 1740mm high.
First Floor Family Bathroom
- The access door is 686mm wide. • The bathroom has a sliding shower head and shower screen over the bath. • The bath is 546mm high to the top edge. • The toilet has 370mm and 400mm at either side. There is 950mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 419mm high. • The taps for the bath and basin are cross head. The basin is 820mm high, 450mm deep and 585mm wide.
- We have an open plan level kitchen, dining area and sitting room on the ground floor. • The work surface is available at a height of 920mm. • The hob is available at a height of 920mm. • The sink is available at a height of 920mm. • The oven is available at a height between 508mm and 775mm. • The dining table is situated between the kitchen and living room and has 6 chairs. The lowest point of the table is at a height of 790mm.
- The lounge area is open plan with the kitchen and dining area as you arrive through the front door. • There is a four-seater and two-seater sofa. • The seat is 430mm high.
Downstairs WC and Utility
- The utility has a washing machine and tumble dryer. • The worktop and sink are at 930mm high. • The WC has 210mm and 180mm at either side and 500mm in front. • The sink is 790mm high, 360mm deep and 450mm wide.
Getting Around Outside Lawn Area
- There is one main entrance to the garden, through the french doors from the open plan ground floor living area via one step 200mm high
- To get to a table from the lawn area there are no steps. • The table is wooden and has 6 chairs.
Customer Care Support
Customer Care • The nearest toilet area for assistance dogs is located in the garden of the property. Please clear up after your dog. • You can hire mobility equipment from Bridport Mobility by calling 01308 888532 • Staff can be contacted 24 hours a day. • The guest information file gives details of local services and emergency procedures. • Mobile phone reception is variable depending on your network. It is best by the front entrance. • Free WIFI is available in the property, details can be found in the guest information file. The property is in a rural area which has limited broadband speeds.
Guide last updated: September 2018