East View Barn Access Statement
At East View Barn we want to make everyone’s stay as enjoyable as possible. We aim to accurately describe our facilities and services to give you the confidence to book this property subject to your individual needs.
At a Glance
- There is a wooden gate 1188mm wide from the parking area to the gravel path which leads to a stone paved area with 3 steps down leading to the front door to the kitchen/sitting room. • There is level access from the stone path to the front door leading to the hallway where the bedrooms are located
Access with Steps
- From the stone paved area there are 3 steps down leading to the kitchen door. The kitchen door is 900mm wide and leads into the open plan kitchen/sitting room with one step up through the door. • The passageway leading to the bedrooms is L shaped and the width ranges from 772mm to 1141mm. • There are 2 steps from the open plan sitting room/dining area/kitchen to the alternative front door and 1 step to the passageway leading to the bedrooms.
Access to Bedrooms
- There is level access to the twin bedroom only. The family bathroom is also level access. • The route to the bedrooms are 772mm to 1141mm wide, or more. • The bedroom doors are 810mm wide, or more. • The door opening to the ensuite bathroom is 830mm and has level access there is a 250mm step into the shower. There is 500mm access to the shower. • The door opening to the family bathroom is 810mm and has level access there is an adjustable showerhead over the bath.
- The TVs have subtitles.
- The walls and the doors have colour contrast. • We have information in large print if required.
East View Barn Higher Ford Lane Melbury Osmond Dorset DT2 0LS
Travel by Public Transport
- You cannot get to East View Barn directly by bus or train • The nearest bus stop is at School Corner in Evershot, bus route number B4. The bus stop is 4.6 miles from East View Barn. • The nearest train station is in Chetnole. The train station is 3 miles from East View Barn. • You can get a taxi with Yeovil Radio Cabs by calling 01935 426666. The taxi company has a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- We have car parking dedicated to the property. There are accessible parking spaces. The parking is in front of the property. • There is access from the car park to the front entrance via the gravel path where there is a permanent ramp to the front door. • The gate is 1188mm wide. • The access from the car park to the kitchen door has 3 steps down.
Path to Main Entrance
- From the highway to the front entrance there is level access.
- The kitchen entrance has 3 steps down to it then one step up through the door. • There is a permanent ramp to the front door. • The front and kitchen doors are side hung and manual. • The doors are 900mm wide.
Getting Around Inside
Visual Impairment – General Information
- We have colour contrast between walls and doorframes.
- All bedrooms have windows. • Bedrooms have recessed ceiling lights, bedside lamps and natural daylight. • TVs have subtitles.
- The bedroom door is 830mm wide. There is 1020mm at one side of the bed and 730mm the other side. The bed is 509mm high and there is 1530mm at the end of the bed. • There is a double cupboard. The hanging rail is 1630mm high. • The bathroom is ensuite. The bathroom door is 830mm wide. • The bathroom has a shower with a 250mm step. • The toilet has 250-300mm at either side. There is 970mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 420mm high. • The taps for the basin are cross heads. The shower has twist circular valves. The basin is 820mm high, 450mm deep and 580mm wide. • The walls and the bathroom fittings have colour contrast.
- The bedroom door is 830mm wide. There is a double bed which is against the wall, there is 1100mm on the other side of the bed. The bed is 646mm high and there is 650mm at the end of the bed. • There is a double cupboard. The hanging rail is 1750mm high.
- The bedroom door is 830mm wide. There are two single beds that are 559mm high. The space between the bed and the wall is 730mm and the other is 790mm. • There is a double cupboard. The hanging rail is 1630mm high.
- The access door is 830mm wide. • There is a bath with an adjustable shower head/shower screen. The bath is 520mm high with a non-slip matt and handles on either side of the bath. • The toilet has 850-870mm on either side. • There is 300mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 423mm high. • The taps for the basin are cross head. The basin is 853mm high, 360mm deep and 440mm wide. • The walls and the bathroom fittings have colour contrast.
- There is an open plan level kitchen. • There is a 170mm step up from the kitchen door to the kitchen. • The work surface is available at a height of 929mm. • The hob is available at a height of 884mm. • The sink is available at a height of 929mm. • The oven is available at a height between 689mm and 884mm. • The overhead unit shelves are available at a height between 1421mm and 1839mm.
- The lounge, dining area and kitchen are open plan. • There are two three seater sofas with the seat 430mm from floor.
Getting Around Outside Lawn Area
- The garden is grassed with a stone patio. It is on a slight incline with three stone steps leading to the kitchen entrance.
- From the main entrance to this area, there is level access. • From the car park to this area there are three steps.
Customer Care • The nearest toilet area for assistance dogs is located in the garden of the property. Please clear up after your dog. • You can hire mobility equipment from Shop Mobility Yeovil by calling 01935 420889. • Staff can be contacted 24 hours a day. • The guest information file gives details of local services and emergency procedures. • Mobile phone reception is good. • Free WIFI is available in the property, details can be found in the guest information file. Broadband speeds are typically 10-12mbps.
Guide last updated: May 2018