We would love to offer our photo competition prize winner a weekend break* in this lovely little holiday home on the Isle of Purbeck. You and up to four guests can enjoy a lovely little mini break, complete with hot tub and explore beautiful Dorset. Forest Edge is one of most popular cottages and can be yours for FREE!
We would love to see some beautiful images of Dorset landmarks, attractions, nature, walks or events.
All you have to to enter is send us a beautiful picture of Dorset, by emailing it to email@example.com, the winner will be announced on the 30th December 2021.
* accommodation is available Jan – end March 2022 and November 2022.
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
No entries from anyone under the age of 18 years.
The closing date for submissions is 30th December 2021. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
Your entry must be entered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no receipt is sent.
By submitting images to Dorset Cottage Holidays you agree that:
- you are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- you own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- no images of people can be accepted.
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Dorset Cottage Holidays and will indemnify Dorset Cottage Holidays against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
Announcement of winners
Winners will be contacted on the 30th December and announced on our social media pages.
By entering the competition, you grant Dorset Cottage Holidays a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives. More specifically to use:
- At presentation events, including exhibiting the images in and around Dorset.
- On the Dorset Cottage Holidays website, Dorset Cottage Holidays social media channels and Dorset Cottage Holidays email communications.
- In the press for the purposes of publicising this photography competition and the promotion of Dorset Cottage Holidays.
The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
We will keep your details on our secure database to enable us to use your images (see usage rights) send you information about the annual photography competition and other information about Dorset Cottage Holidays. We value do not pass on information about you to any group or individual.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Dorset Cottage Holidays excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Dorset Cottage Holidays liability for death or personal injury arising from Dorset Cottage Holidays own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
You agree to indemnify Dorset Cottage Holidays and keep Dorset Cottage Holidays indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Dorset Cottage Holidays as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but Dorset Cottage Holidays reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- There will be one overall winner.
- No cash alternative.
- All entrants must be able to transport themselves to the cottage.
- All entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- To claim the prize, the winner must agree for their details (name and place you are from) to be shared via the Dorset Cottage Holidays website and social media.
- If the winner books a date and has to cancel within 45 days, no new dates can be offered and will only be offered where dates are available January to March 2022 or November for 3 nights.
- Entrants are required to pay a refundable damage deposit of £150.